Wherever people interact at work there is a potential for violence. This Violence in the Workplace: Recognize the Risk and Take Action online training course helps workers, frontline supervisors, and others to develop a clear understanding of what workplace violence is the consequences of workplace violence and preventive measures that can be taken. Recognized risk factors and appropriate responses to incidents of workplace violence are highlighted.
The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Violence in the Workplace course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the complexity of workplace violence and harassment
- Identify incidents of workplace violence
- Know what occupations and jobs are at higher risk for violence
- Understand why workplace violence is such an important issue
- Know what to do if you are involved in or witness a violent situation
- Understand what the employer should do, including their legal responsibilities
This online Violence in the Workplace course is made up of the following sections:
- Defining the scope of workplace violence, including harassment
- Risk factors of workplace violence
- Why workplace violence is an important issue
- How to reduce the risks
- Preventive measures
- What to do when involved in an incident of workplace violence
- Legal responsibilities of employers to prevent workplace violence
This Violence in the Workplace online training course was designed for managers, supervisors, and employees involved in the development or implementation of a workplace violence prevention policy.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.