The fair lending laws prohibit discrimination in all credit transactions including real estate and non-real estate secured transactions as well as unsecured credit. Fair lending training isn’t just for employees in the loan areas. Every employee having contact with a potential applicant needs to understand the basic requirements of the fair lending laws and what actions they take, which may discourage a person from applying for credit. This includes frontline staff. In this course we will provide an overview of the fair lending laws, the different types of discrimination, and how frontline staff should interact with loan applicants.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Fair Lending: Frontline course, the user will learn to:
- Recite the prohibited bases
- Know what you can and cannot ask a loan applicant
- Understand the different types of discrimination
- Communicate with customers in a way that will not have a negative impact on the bank
This online Fair Lending: Frontline course is made up of the following sections:
- Fair Lending Laws
- Types of Fair Lending Discrimination
- Interaction with Customers
This Fair Lending: Frontline online training course was designed for bank employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.