This Discharging an Employee online training course explores strategies that can reduce the problems that might be associated with an employee discharge. Discharging an employee can be uncomfortable because it's not something anyone really wants to do. In addition, there can be serious implications for the organization if not handled correctly.
Discharging an employee is a last resort, used only when all other options have been exhausted. Documenting a discharge can be complex and it can be laden with emotions and tension. Learn when a discharge is appropriate; how to prepare for the difficult conversation; and how to communicate the decision clearly and concisely.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Discharging an Employee course, the user will learn to:
- Identify when discharge is appropriate
- Evaluate an employee’s previous actions
- Assess the severity of the problem
- Recognize special circumstances
- Prepare for the discharge by laying the groundwork
- Develop a strategy for the meeting and plan the exit process
- Communicate the decision clearly and concisely
- Explain the exit process to the employee
- Document the meeting
- Formulate appropriate responses to inquiries about the discharge
This online Discharging an Employee course is made up of the following sections:
- Strategy 1 – Identify When Discharge Is Appropriate
- Strategy 2 – Prepare for Discharge
- Strategy 3 – Communicate the Decision
This Discharging an Employee online training course was designed for managers and human resources professionals.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.