This Synthetic Identity Fraud online training course explores how fraudsters create synthetic identities and use them to get credit cards and other forms of credit. Learn how synthetic identities are created, how fraudsters use them to get a positive credit score, then “bust out”, or max out the credit on cards, lines of credit, etc. Learn to recognize red flags indicating that a credit applicant may be using a synthetic identity.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Synthetic Identity Fraud course, the user will learn:
- Recognize what synthetic identity fraud (SIF) is and how it differs from traditional identity fraud
- Recall how and why fraudsters create synthetic identities
- Summarize factors contributing to SIF growth
- Describe credit bust-outs
- Outline ways to recognize SIF
This online Synthetic Identity Fraud course is made up of the following sections:
- About Synthetic Identity Fraud
- Identifying Synthetic Identity Fraud
This Synthetic Identity Fraud online training course was designed for employees of banks and other financial institutions.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
30 Minutes or Less
Accessible, Audio, Mobile