This Safety in Fire Prevention online training course provides basic information on the precautions and procedures necessary for fire protection and safety in the workplace. Topics covered include fire prevention techniques, the types and classes of fires and fire extinguishers, and first aid procedures for dealing with fire-related injuries.
To the individual employee, fire can mean personal injury, injuries to co-workers, loss of work time (due to injury or damage to the facility), or even death. All of these consequences can dramatically affect work situations as well as personal lives. However, most workplace fires can be prevented.
The most frequent causes of fires are employees disregarding work procedures, using poor judgment, or having insufficient knowledge about how fires start. Most employees are also not adequately prepared to deal with a fire should it occur.
They are not clear about what, if any, actions they should take in their work areas. Frequently, they do not know what their evacuation routes are, or what safeguards to take when leaving their areas.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Safety in Fire Prevention course, the user will learn to:
- Recognize fire hazards and know how to remedy them.
- Implement good fire prevention and housekeeping program.
- Evacuate your work area in case of fire.
- Recognize the various "classes" of fire and know which type of fire extinguisher can be used for each class.
- Use common fire extinguishers to fight small fires.
- Furnish appropriate first aid to fire injury victims.
This online Safety in Fire Prevention course consists of the following sections:
- Causes of Fires
- Fire Safety Practices and Evacuation Guidelines
- Combating Fires
- Fire Related Injuries
This Safety in Fire Prevention online training course is designed for all employees.
If you have any concerns about whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes
Audio, Mobile, NASBA CPE - QAS Self Study
|NASBA CPE Credits