Organizations are increasingly concerned about the security of electronic information. This course identifies the safeguards needed to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and security of the information that employees work with. Correctly applied, these safeguards will help protect the people, information, technology, and facilities that the organization depends on. This course will introduce key concepts and terms, identify security threats, and outline best practices for information protection.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Information Security course, the user will learn to:
- Explain basic concepts and terminology related to information security.
- Identify common threats and the security measures used to combat them.
- Explain the importance of password security.
- Explain how physical security measures contribute to the organization's information security.
- Identify practices for using email safely.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of employees to keep information secure.
- Use best practices to fulfill your responsibility to keep information secure.
This online Information Security course is made up of the following sections:
- What is Information Security?
- Concepts and Terminology
- Common Threats
- Security Measures
- Password Security
- Physical and Email Security
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Best Practices
This Information Security online training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes
Audio, Mobile, NASBA CPE - QAS Self Study
|NASBA CPE Credits