This Towards Sustainable Mining online training course is designed to prepare participants to consistently complete a TSM self-assessment for their company's facilities using the TSM assessment protocols and will understand the process for external verification.
The Mining Association of Canada's (MAC) Towards Sustainable Mining (TSM) Self-Assessment Workshop is available in an e-learning format. This online program consists of ten courses.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Towards Sustainable Mining course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the TSM initiative, including its objectives, history, accomplishments, and future priorities.
- Be able to consistently apply the assessment protocols at their own facility(ies) following good assessment practice.
- Be able to address some of the common issues or challenges encountered during the self-assessment process.
- Understand the external verification process including methodology, timing, and how to prepare.
This online Towards Sustainable Mining course is made up of the following sections:
- Understanding Towards Sustainable Mining
- Applying the TSM Protocols
- Energy Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Management
- Crisis Management and Communications Planning
- Indigenous and Community Relationships Protocol
- Safety and Health Protocol
- Biodiversity Conservation Management
- Tailings Management
- Water Stewardship
- Prevention of Child and Forced Labour
This Towards Sustainable Mining online training course was designed for mining employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.