The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, commonly known as the Affordable Care Act or "Obamacare," was enacted with the goals of increasing the quality and affordability of health insurance, reducing the amount of people without health insurance, and reducing the costs of healthcare for individuals and the government.
To accomplish these goals the Affordable Care Act places a number of requirements on private business that differ based on the business' number of employees. In this module we will discuss the rules small business must follow under the Affordable Care Act.
This course includes an examination.
- Determine how the ACA applies to your business
- Understand what actions your business must take under the ACA
- Explain how the SHOP marketplace works
- Understand how the Employer Shared Responsibility Program works
- Ensure your business is meeting all reporting obligations mandated by the ACA
o Does the ACA Apply to my Business?
o Health coverage rights
o Tax credits
o Applying for SHOP Coverage
o Effective dates