These Telepro-Connecting with the Customer online training courses are suitable for all reps as a base program and as the sole program for reps who have minimal need for the more interactive skills of the other courses. These courses focus on improving the customer experience by improving the learner's ability to connect with the customer.
These courses include; before the call, making the connection, establishing rapport, and maintaining rapport.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking these online Telepro-Connecting with the Customer training courses, the user will learn:
- Explain the key difference between an effective telephone professional and a mediocre one.
- Recall the tools you should prepare before the call.
- Prepare information relevant to the efficient performance of your job.
- Recall contributing elements of effective physical preparation.
- Provide examples of pre-call rituals that help you mentally prepare for the call.
- Define the term "professional distancing."
- Apply techniques to minimize the ‘emotional baggage’ effect.
- List the elements of an effective voice.
- Recall techniques for controlling the pitch of your voice.
- Explain the benefits of inflection.
- Discuss the causes why telephone professionals increase voice volume during a call.
- Recognize the importance of adjusting your rate of speech.
- Explain how to overcome poor diction habits.
- Recognize the effects of poor rapport.
- Recall the elements of an effective greeting.
- Discuss how to keep the greeting fresh.
- Recall when to use the customer's name during a phone call.
- Explain how to communicate respect to a customer on the phone.
- Avoid unconscious habits that communicate disrespect for the customer.
- Recognize the importance of matching the customer's vocabulary.
- Explain what effective telephone professionals should avoid in a conversation with a customer.
- Discuss how to keep the call flowing.
- Define the term "dead air".
- Recall techniques for filling "dead air" and keeping a customer involved.
- Recognize the importance of using a value-added closing.
- Explain why the customer should disconnect first.
These online Telepro-Connecting with the Customer courses are made up of the following sections:
- Before the Call
- Making the Connection
- Establishing Rapport
- Maintaining Rapport
These Telepro-Connecting with the Customer online training courses were designed for any employees who interact with internal or external customers on the telephone.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.