This Telephone Techniques online training course explores the telephone and how it can be a high-impact tool for selling, gathering information, and building relationships. Conversations with customers, suppliers, and colleagues are key opportunities to build positive relationships. Employees who are ill-informed or poorly trained cost companies a great deal in terms of lost customers and goodwill.
When an organization gets a reputation for handling telephone calls poorly, the negative effects can run deep. Some large organizations and government agencies, for example, have earned horrible reputations from callers’ inability to get through, rude and inefficient call handling, inaccurate or conflicting information, and even the inability to reach a live human being.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Telephone Techniques course, the user will learn to:
- Identify problems that lead to poor telephone use.
- Describe effective telephone behaviors.
- Outline techniques to improve your telephone efficiency.
- Identify language that conveys tact and professionalism.
- Explain how to take messages that are accurate and complete.
- List ways of handling upset callers.
This online Telephone Techniques course is made up of the following sections:
- Root Problems
- Effective Telephone Behaviors
- Improving Telephone Efficiency
- Using Telephone Technologies
- Handling Upset Callers
This Telephone Techniques online training course was designed for Business/Sales employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.