This Telemarketing Compliance online training course will explain the basic rules that telemarketing employees must abide by when making telemarketing phone calls. Telemarketing is the direct marketing of goods or services to potential customers over the telephone, Internet, or fax. This course will explain the basic rules that you must follow when making telemarketing phone calls. By following these rules, you will ensure that your company complies with all applicable laws and regulations, protect your company's reputation, and practice ethical telemarketing behavior.
The topics covered in this course include the history and sources of telemarketing law, Do-Not-Call Rules, National Do-Not-Call List Exemptions, Auto-Dialing Regulations, call abandonment, and abusive telemarketing practices.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Telemarketing Compliance course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the sources of telemarketing law
- Identify the importance of Do-Not-Call-Rules and national Do-Not-Call List exemptions
- Understand the basics of Auto-Dialing Regulations
- Describe what is, "Call Abandonment"
- List telemarketing abusive practices
- Identify the importance of Required Disclosures, payment authorization, and recordkeeping requirements
- Describe some penalties for violating federal and state telemarketing laws
This online Telemarketing Compliance course is made up of the following sections:
- The History and Sources of Telemarketing Law
- Do-Not-Call Rules
- National Do-Not-Call List Exemptions
- Auto-Dialing Regulations
- Call Abandonment and Other Abusive Practices
- Required Disclosures and Payment Authorization
- Record Keeping
- Penalties and Fraud
This Telemarketing Compliance online training course was designed for telemarketing employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.