This TDG: An Overview online training course provides an overview of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Act and regulations for managers, employees, and others who need to know about TDG but are not responsible for TDG activities. It includes information about your responsibilities for the transport of dangerous goods, especially for training and certification of company personnel. It will also help you understand the purpose of the TDG Act and Regulations. Terms and concepts, and the requirements of the TDG are clearly explained.
A record of completion is provided by CCOHS upon successful completion of the final exam. A formal TDG Certificate of Training is issued by the employer when they determine their employee has a sound knowledge of all the topics and has received workplace specific training that directly relates to their duties with dangerous goods. The course was developed by CCOHS.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online TDG course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the requirements of the TDG system for employers, consignors, carriers and consignees
- Assess the requirements for training and certification of employees with TDG duties
- Understand Transport Canada's inspector role and what your rights are
- Establish effective procedures for the classification and documentation of dangerous goods
- Know when shipments are either exempt or partially exempt from the TDG system
- Select the appropriate means of containment
- Ensure that the correct safety marks are applied on the means of containment
- Develop systems for appropriate emergency planning and response
- Know when special reports are required
This online TDG course is made up of the following sections:
- Training, Inspection and Compliance
- Classification of Dangerous Goods
- Documentation of Dangerous Goods
- Safety Marks
- Means of Containment
- Emergency Response
- Special Cases for Road Transport
This TDG online training course was designed for managers and supervisors with TDG responsibilities and TDG coordinators.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.