This online Stress in the Workplace training course provides an introduction to the complex issue of stress in the workplace. You will gain an understanding of what workplace stress is, its causes, and the negative impacts.
The course focuses on the causes, effects, and control of workplace stress. Particular emphasis is placed on the importance of organizational factors, including the ways in which work is organized as the primary means of reducing workplace stress. Workers, supervisors, managers, and employers alike will learn to identify signs of workplace stress, as well as measures to prevent or reduce stress. The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives:
By taking this online Stress in the Workplace training course, the user will learn:
- Describe stress within a workplace context
- Explain why workplace stress is a health and safety hazard
- List common causes of workplace stress
- Recognize common signs of workplace stress
- Describe how employers, managers and supervisors can prevent, eliminate or reduce workers' workplace stress
- Describe how workers can prevent, eliminate or reduce the effects of workplace stress
- Access other sources of information about workplace stress
This online Stress in the Workplace course is made up of the following sections:
- Causes of workplace stress
- Organizational factors vs. individual/personal factors
- Impact on workers and organizations
- Workplace stress as a health and safety hazard
- Recognizing the signs of workplace stress
- What employers can do
- Managing stress
- Tips to help prevent, eliminate and reduce workplace stress
This online Stress in the Workplace course is designed for all levels of organizations, including managers, supervisors, and front-line workers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.