This Small Business Health and Safety Certificate online training course explores small businesses with an in-depth understanding of health and safety in Canada
This comprehensive program provides managers, supervisors, and workplace health and safety champions in small businesses with an in-depth understanding of health and safety in Canada. Participants will learn about their rights under health and safety legislation, how to meet their regulatory compliance responsibilities, and how to foster a health and safety culture by systematically addressing common health and safety concerns in their workplaces.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Small Business Health and Safety Certificate course, the user will learn to:
- Develop an understanding of your role and responsibilities for the creation and maintenance of a healthy workplace
- Find applicable OH&S legislation.
- Know your health and safety roles and responsibilities.
- Determine ways of meeting your OH&S responsibilities.
- Identify hazards and develop safe work practices.
- Take leadership in developing and implementing OH&S programs.
- Understand the consequences of noncompliance.
- Exercise due diligence
This online Small Business Health and Safety Certificate program is made up of the following sections:
- Due Diligence
- Effective Joint Health and Safety Committees
- Identifying Hazards and Assessing Risks
- Incident Investigation
- Occupational Health and Safety Program Development
- OHS Legislation
- Return to Work and Accommodation
- Workplace Hazards
- Worplace Inspections
- Health & Safety Awareness [CAN]
- Annual Safety Review
- Contractor Safety
- Employment Standards
- First Aid Basics
- Crisis Management and Emergency Response Planning
- Everyday Ergonomics
- Ladder Safety
- Office Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Manual Material Handling and Back Injuries
- Musculoskeletal Disorders in the Workplace
- Cannabis - Workplace Implications
- Mental Health Awareness
- Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Harassment, Discrimination and Workplace Violence Prevention Training [CAN]
- Workplace Bullying - Prevention and Response
This Small Business Health and Safety Certificate online training course was designed for managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.