This Servicemember Civil Relief Act (SCRA) online training course provides relief provisions for both consumer and business credit that was extended to servicemembers prior to going on active duty. The protections include a reduced interest rate on certain loans, protection against foreclosure, protections from default judgements in civil lawsuits, protections against repossession of property, and the ability to terminate a lease without penalty.
Course Learning Objectives:
By taking this online Servicemember Civil Relief Act course, the user will learn:
- Determine who may invoke their rights under the SCRA
- Know what restrictions and limitations the bank must take on certain loan types when SCRA rights are requested
- Ensure your bank has compliant policies and procedures in place if a servicemember invokes their rights under the SCRA
This online Servicemember Civil Relief Act course is made up of the following sections:
- Title I: General Provisions
- Title II: General Relief
- Title III: Protections on Certain Loans
This Servicemember Civil Relief Act training course was designed for bank employees including lending department personnel and compliance professionals.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.