This Return to Work: The Basics online training course explores a practical overview of Return-to-Work strategies, solutions, and program implementation.
Workplace injury and illness prevention is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace. However, when an illness or injury occurs, it is important for the employer and the injured worker to focus on getting back to meaningful and productive work as soon as functionally possible.
The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Return to Work: The Basics course, the user will learn to:
- Explain the general requirements of a return-to-work program.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the various workplace parties.
- Identify the common principles of a successful return to work program.
This online Return to Work: The Basics course is made up of the following sections:
- Ask a Question
- Cost of Workplace Injuries and Illness
- Legislative Requirements
- Return to Work Program
- Key Concepts
- Getting our Employee Back to Work
- Claims Management and Monitoring
- Factors the Influence Return to Work
This Return to Work: The Basics online training course was designed for all employees/employers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.