This Responsible Care® Initiative Overview online training course explores the chemistry industry’s response to Canadians concerns about the potential effects of chemicals on our health and the environment whether from chemical plants in their neighbourhoods, transportation of chemical products through their communities, or chemicals in the products that they use every day.
The course reviews the five interrelated components that make up Responsible Care architecture: Ethics and Principles, Codes and Guides, Ethic Driving Management System, Sustainability Performance, and Verification.
Other topics include areas of concern of the Responsible Care for Transportation Partners program and how CIAC supports member companies in their Responsible Care journey.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Responsible Care® Initiative Overview course, the user will learn:
- Identify the factors that led to the establishment of Responsible Care
- Compare various definitions of sustainability
- Outline the evolution of Responsible Care from its founding in 1985 to the present day
- Define the Responsible Care ethic
- Name the three Responsible Care Codes and state the primary focus of each one
- Describe the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle and explain how it supports an ethic-driven management system
- Explain how sustainability performance is tracked
- State the purpose of verification
- List the four main areas of concern of the Responsible Care for Transportation Partners program
- Discuss how CIAC supports member companies in their Responsible Care journey
This online Responsible Care® Initiative Overview course is made up of the following sections:
- About the Chemistry Industry Association of Canada (CIAC)
- Overview of Responsible Care
- Responsible Care Architecture – Ethics and Principles
- Responsible Care Architecture – Codes and Guides
- Responsible Care Architecture – Ethic Driven Management System
- Responsible Care Architecture –Sustainability Performance
- Responsible Care Architecture – Verification
- Responsible Care for Transportation Partners
- Sustaining the Ethic
- Responsible Care Pays Off
This Responsible Care® Initiative Overview online training course was designed for employees who are concerned about the effects of chemicals on their health and the environment and want to learn more about the chemistry industry’s response.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.