This Regulation E: Liability and Error Resolution online training course explores details of consumer liability and the bank’s error resolution requirements under Regulation E and unauthorized transactions. Regulation E provides basic protections for a consumer when using an electronic fund transfer service that the bank offers. Liability and error resolution are essential to the consumer protections of Regulation E and unauthorized transactions. The Regulation defines an error; states the consumer’s liability; and provides the error resolution procedures that banks must follow. This course will discuss the details of consumer liability and the bank’s error resolution requirements under Regulation E and unauthorized transactions. This course is intended for frontline, operations, and compliance personnel.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Regulation E: Liability and Error Resolution course, the user will learn to:
- Define what applies to Regulation E
- Ensure compliance with the disclosure requirements
- Know how much money a customer is liable for on a particular unauthorized electronic fund transfer
- Complete an investigation of a notice of error in a timely manner
- Provide proper notice to a customer regarding their notice of error
This online Regulation E: Liability and Error Resolution course is made up of the following sections:
- Error Resolution Notice
- Consumer Liability
- Notice of Error
- Time Limits for Investigation
- Results of Investigation
This Regulation E: Liability and Error Resolution course training course was designed for bank employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.