This Real Estate Wire Fraud Awareness online training course explores the fraudulent misdirection of closing funds in real estate transactions, known as real estate wire fraud or mortgage wire fraud. Learn how cyberthieves insinuate themselves into email communications around real estate deals, then trick property buyers into transferring closing funds into fraudulent accounts. Learn what all parties in real estate transactions can do to prevent being part of a fraudulent scheme, what can be done in the event that the cyberthieves succeed, and who is likely to be held liable.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Real Estate Wire Fraud Awareness course, the user will learn:
- Describe what real estate wire fraud is and how it works
- Recall how cyberthieves deceive property buyers into wiring closing funds into bogus accounts
- Outline ways property buyers can prevent being scammed
- Recognize ways other parties can prevent having their email accounts compromised
- Summarize actions to take if you are a victim of real estate wire fraud
- Identify issues around liability for financial loss
This online Real Estate Wire Fraud Awareness course is made up of the following sections:
- How Real Estate Wire Fraud Works
- What You Can Do to Prevent It
- What to Do if You Are a Victim
- Liability for Financial Loss
This Real Estate Wire Fraud Awareness online training course was designed for employees of banks, real estate offices, title companies, settlement agencies, and their property-buying clients.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.