This Principles of Banking Overview online training course explores the bank industry as a whole. The banking industry can be quite complex. This course will provide an overview of the banking industry. It will discuss how a bank is structured, how it operates financially, the rules the bank must follow, various products and services the bank may offer to its customers, security, and fraud, and the various examinations that banks are required to undergo.
Course Learning Objectives
On completion of this Principles of Banking Overview course, the user will learn:
- Understand what it means to be a financial intermediary
- Understand how a bank is structured
- Understand how a bank makes money
- Understand basic banking products
- Identify the lending process
- Be familiar with a variety of banking services offered to consumers & businesses
- Understand several compliance laws
- Understand the importance and process of bank security
- Recognize common fraud schemes targeting banks
- Understand how a bank is regulated
This online Principles of Banking Overview course is made up of the following sections:
- Banking Landscape
- Bank Structure
- Banking Finance
- Banking Products & Services
- Regulators & Exams
This Principles of Banking Overview online training course was designed for bank employees new to the bank industry.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.