This Personal Protective Equipment online training course explores the most common types of PPE and focus on generic PPE requirements.
More than one-quarter of all disabling injuries involve the head, eyes, hands, or feet. Personal protective equipment, or PPE, is designed to protect you from those health and safety hazards that cannot practically be removed from your immediate work environment.
In this you’ll find out when and where you need PPE, how to choose the correct equipment for your work environment, and the limitations of the equipment you use.
Course Learning Objectives:
On completion of this Personal Protective Equipment course, the user will learn:
- Explain the purpose of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Identify the most common types of PPE and give examples of each.
- Identify situations in which hard hats are required by law.
- Describe the significance of Canadian Standards Association (CSA) patches for safety footwear.
- Identify the responsibilities of managers/supervisors and employees in ensuring health and safety in the workplace.
This online Personal Protective Equipment course is made up of the following sections:
- What is PPE?
- Selecting and Using PPE
- Head Protection
- Eye and Face Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Body Protection
- Hand Protection
- Leg and Foot Protection
- Hi-Viz Clothing
This Personal Protective Equipment online training course was designed for Employers, supervisors and workers in construction and general industry.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.