This Pandemic Planning online training course will help organizations to be informed and prepared in the event of a pandemic and will help minimize the impact in our daily and business lives. This course describes what a pandemic is, how an influenza virus spreads, and what the impact of a pandemic may be. It emphasizes steps that workplaces can take to plan for employee absences, describes the elements of a business continuity plan, as well actions that may help slow the spread of the virus and keep employees healthier. The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Pandemic Planning training course, the user will:
- Know the main characteristics of a pandemic
- Understand how viruses spread
- Be able to establish a business continuity plan to help prepare your workplace
- Know health and safety concerns about working at home
- Know ways to help stay healthy
- Be prepared at home and in your community
- Be able to find reliable information during a pandemic
This online Pandemic Planning training course is made up of the following sections:
- What is a pandemic?
- How viruses spread
- Why prepare?
- Business continuity plans
- Health and safety concerns when working at home
- Staying healthy
- Being prepared at home
- Helping your community
- Finding reliable information
This online Pandemic Planning training course was designed for all employers, supervisors, and employees who may also find this course helpful.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.