Learn about hazards to health and safety in the office and how to prevent them. Topics include ergonomics, lighting, stress, indoor air quality, safety issues (e.g. slips, trips and falls, safe lifting, and equipment hazards), chemical hazards, electrical safety, and fire prevention. This online Office Health and Safety training course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Office Health and Safety training course, the user will learn:
- Identify key components of a health and safety program;
- Recognize the elements of an ergonomically correct workstation;
- Recognize and control for the potential health effects of poor lighting;
- Recognize causes of, and control workplace stress;
- Identify factors that affect indoor air quality
- Recognize ways to reduce or eliminate general safety hazards (e.g. slips, trips and falls) and electrical hazards;
- Identify chemical hazards in an office;
- Identify procedures to follow in case of a fire.
This online Office Health and Safety training course is made up of the following sections:
- How to develop a health and safety program
- Potential hazards in an office environment
- Workplace Stress
- Indoor Air Quality
- General Safety
- Chemical Hazards
- Electrical Hazards
- Fire Prevention and Evacuation
This online Office Health and Safety training course is designed for office managers, supervisors, and employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.