This Everyday Ergonomics online training course explores how Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders (WMSDs) can be reduced or eliminated.
Ergonomic injuries, collectively referred to as Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders (WMSDs), develop over months or years as a result of equipment, tools, processes and activities that do not take the individual worker’s physical characteristics into account. Workers in both the plant and the office are vulnerable to ergonomic injuries. Learn how Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders can be reduced or eliminated through good ergonomic practices.
Course Learning Objectives:
On completion of this Everyday Ergonomics course, the user will learn:
- Recall the connection between your body’s physiology and injuries.
- Recognize the major types of ergonomic hazards.
- Identify work situations in your job that cause ergonomic hazards.
- Recall practical approaches to reducing the risks posed by those hazards.
This online Everyday Ergonomics course is made up of the following sections:
- The Body
- Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders (WMSDs)
- Manual Materials Handling (MMH)
- Hand-Arm Vibration
- Whole-body Vibration
- Working in a Standing Position
- Working in a Sitting Position
- Working at a Computer
This Everyday Ergonomics online training course was designed for employees, supervisors, managers and employers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.