In this Networking Your Career Path online training course, you will develop your initial network list of names and learn effective ways to begin using this list. The power of networking is evident in various studies of the job search process, which concluded that between 70 and 80 percent of all executive and managerial jobs are obtained through networking.
Networking is the activity of contacting and meeting people to gain advice, information, and the names of other people who can help you in your job search. It is a systematic process that begins with the people you know and expands rapidly as you obtain two or three additional names from each contact.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Networking Your Career Path course, the user will learn to:
- Define networking.
- Recognize the advantages of networking.
- Review how networks grow.
- Identify sources that can help to compile a list of network contacts.
- Recall steps that are involved in preparing to network.
- Select techniques that help practice networking.
- Outline the dynamics of networking: making contact, doing something in return, and following up.
- List the benefits of e-networking.
- Identify target companies and bridge persons.
- List questions to ask in networking meetings.
This online Networking Your Career Path course is made up of the following sections:
- What Is Networking?
- Beginning to Network
- Developing Network Contacts
- Networking Dynamics
- Networking Into Target Companies
- Questions to Ask
This Networking Your Career Path online training course was designed for everyone.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.