This Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) in the Workplace online training course explores how painful disorders of the nerves, muscles, tendons, and joints develop over months or years. In both the US and Canada, they represent approximately 1/3 of all workplace injuries and illnesses, costing North American employers tens of billions of dollars a year in direct costs and as much as five times as much in indirect costs.
In this Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) in the Workplace online training course, you will learn what MSDs are; the risk factors for their development in the workplace; the types of work and work conditions where they are most common; prevention techniques; and treatment methods. Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are painful disorders of the nerves, muscles, tendons, and joints that develop over months or years.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online MusculoSkeletal Disorders [MSDs]: in the Workplace course, the user will learn to:
- Describe what musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are
- Explain how MSDs develop
- Outline the risk factors for MSD development
- Recall the types of work and work environments where MSDs occur
- Summarize techniques for reducing or preventing MSDs at work
- Identify MSD treatment methods
This online MusculoSkeletal Disorders [MSDs]: in the Workplace course is made up of the following sections:
- About Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs)
- Types of Work and Work Conditions Where MSDs Occur
- Reducing the Risks for MSDs
- Treatment of Work-Related MSDs
This MusculoSkeletal Disorders [MSDs]: in the Workplace course online training course was designed for employers, managers, and supervisors who are responsible for ensuring the health and safety of workers. It is also useful for members of health and safety committees, and for employees who are participating in MSD-prevention activities.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.