In this Marketing Basics for Business Web Sites online training course, we will review the basics of marketing and apply them to online business. We will examine ways to identify your target market and create an effective web marketing strategy. Lastly, we will turn our attention to some key technical aspects of online marketing, including using banners and other methods of online promotion and improving your ranking in search engines.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Marketing Basics for Business Web Sites course, the user will learn to:
- Discuss the similarities and differences between traditional and online marketing
- Identify ways to research your target market
- List the steps in an effective online marketing strategy
- Explain how a search engine works
- Discuss the purpose of advertising banners on the web
- Name various approaches to banner advertising
- Define the term 'branding
- Discuss the most common affiliate programs and their benefits
- Recall the advantages and potential problems of email marketing.
This online Marketing Basics for Business Web Sites course is made up of the following sections:
- Online Marketing Basics
- Researching Your Market Online
- Using Search Engines
- Creating an Image — Banner Advertising and Branding
- Building Associations with Other Websites
- The Personal Touch — Email Marketing
This Marketing Basics for Business Web Sites online training course was designed for businesses.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.