Handling materials by lifting, carrying, holding, and pushing is a source of many workplace injuries and chronic disorders. This course will enable you to understand the various risks of manual materials handling and how to take effective measures to eliminate or control these risks. This online Manual Materials Handling training course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Manual Materials Handling training course, the user will learn:
- Describe common injuries that can arise from MMH
- Identify risk factors that can contribute to injuries and recognize when work may exceed one's physical capacity
- Reduce fatigue, thereby preventing injuries
- Access information about injury prevention for specific MMH tasks
This online Manual Materials Handling training course is made up of the following sections:
- The importance of manual materials handling safety
- Risk factors focused on a LOAD, TASK, CONDITIONS model
- Injury prevention
- Lifting techniques and exercise to prevent back injuries
- Mechanical aids, pushing, pulling, and shoveling
- Specific load types, jobs, and tasks
This online Manual Materials Handling training course was designed for employers, employees, managers, and supervisors interested in health in the workplace.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.