In times of crisis, employees are sometimes required to work from home. The transition from the traditional workplace to a remote environment is not easy. This course explores the challenges of managing a remote workforce and outlines strategies that managers can use to keep their teams engaged and productive.
- Outline the equipment and support structure essential for a remote workforce to function.
- Identify the technology and tools that best match the needs of your workforce.
- Recognize the challenges inherent in remote work.
- Review strategies for creating a collaborative culture.
- Outline ways of evaluating your remote teams.
- Course Objectives
- Putting the Essentials in Place
- Equip Your Remote Workforce
- Home Office Equipment
- Secure Remote Access Technology
- Cloud-Based Technology
- Choosing the Right Tools
- Find the Best Fit
- Choose the Right Tools
- Creating a Collaborative Culture
- Shape Work Culture
- Understand the Challenges of Remote Work
- Communicate Clearly and Intentionally
- Show That You Care
- Facilitate Collaboration
- Embrace Social Time
- Evaluating Remote Employees
- Establish a Good Manager-Employee Relationship
- Build Trust
- Provide Continuous Feedback
- Ask for Self and Peer Evaluations
- Measure Productivity Differently
Managers and Supervisors
Accessible, audio, mobile