Learn how to work safely with ladders in the workplace. Topics include: choosing the correct ladder, pre-use inspection, setting up the ladder, working safely on the ladder, and proper storage and maintenance. This online Ladder Safety training course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives:
By taking this online Ladder Safety training course, the user will learn:
- Understand the different uses of ladders made from various materials
- Know how to inspect a ladder
- Know how to select the right ladder (height and material) for the job
- Know how to set up a ladder correctly
- Know how to work safely on a ladder
- Know how to store and maintain a ladder
- Find additional information on ladder safety
This online Ladder Safety training course is made up of the following sections:
- Types of ladders and their uses
- Ladder inspection
- Setting up various types of ladders
- Guidelines for safe ladder use
- Storage and maintenance
This online Ladder Safety training course was designed employees, managers, supervisors and workers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.