This John Bulloch on Small Business online training course explores strategies for small businesses to succeed in this evolving world.
In the first module, you will out why small businesses are so important to society and hear how John Bulloch developed his entrepreneurial instincts in the family business. In the second module, John Bulloch talks about the importance of collaboration and networking to small business success. You'll find out how Canadian small businesses found a strong political voice, and how a small business owner can benefit from a network of good advisors. In the third module, John Bulloch talks about finding opportunities in today's competitive business environment and explains why specialization is the key to profitability and growth. In the next module, John Bulloch talks about the excitement and hard work associated with a new venture and shares strategies for getting to the milestone break-even point. In the last module, John Bulloch talks about one of his father's most important lessons: if you want to build a great company, focus on people!
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online John Bulloch on Small Business course, the user will learn:
- Identify the conditions that make entrepreneurship possible.
- Explain why entrepreneurship is a process of trial and error.
- Understand the importance to society of strengthening entrepreneurial culture.
- Describe how networking helps entrepreneurs minimize their weaknesses and maximize their strengths.
- Explain how the Internet makes it possible for small businesses to access good intelligence.
- Identify the key people in a small business person's network.
- Discuss the place of small businesses in the North American free enterprise system.
- Explain how small firms find opportunities through specialization.
- Identify strategies for preparing for potential opportunities.
- Discuss how small firms find their market niche.
- Explain the importance of reducing costs in the start-up phase.
- Explain why lack of capital in small businesses leads to innovation.
- Explain why hard work can be a replacement for equity capital.
- Explain why people are the key to building a great company.
- Discuss what defines a company's culture.
- Understand how to be a great leader.
This online John Bulloch on Small Business course is made up of the following sections:
- Entrepreneurs Are Made and Not Born.
- A Lone Wolf is a Dead Wolf
- Opportunities, Opportunities
- New Ventures
- It's All About the People
This John Bulloch on Small Business online training course was designed for employees looking to start a new business and new entrepreneurs.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.