This IT Security: Working Off-Site online training course explores IT security issues associated with working at home or elsewhere outside the office, part-time or full-time. Cyberthieves are after two things: your personal information and access to your devices and networks. Cyberthieves want to know everything they can about you. They may use your personal information to steal your money, or worse – steal your identity. When someone commits identity theft, they literally assume your identity online. They can then do any number of things in your name, including opening new bank accounts, applying for loans, acquiring identification, filing fraudulent tax returns, etc. They can also impersonate you online and damage your reputation or that of your employer. It can take months or years to undo the damage.
In addition to this threat, cyberthieves may also be able to install malware on your computer and other computers and devices on your organization’s network if you are using unpatched software. Installing malware on your computers, devices, and organization’s networks lets cyberthieves engage in a number of activities, ranging from annoying to devastating.
Learn how to keep your computer, devices, and home network secure, what you should and should not do using public networks and computers, and recognize phishing and targeted phishing attempts.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online IT Security: Working Off-Site online course, the user will:
- Identify the IT security risks associated with remote work
- Describe the actions you can take to protect computers and devices against cyberthieves
- Recall the ways to ensure the physical security of computers and devices
- Summarize actions to keep your home network secure
- Choose appropriate methods for working securely when traveling
- Recognize phishing and targeted phishing attacks
This online IT Security: Working Off-Site course is made up of the following sections:
- What are the Risks?
- Protecting Computers and Devices Against Cyberthieves
- Physical Security for Computers and Devices
- Using Safe Networks
- Safe Behavior
This IT Security: Working Off-Site online training course was designed for employees who work on computers and can do most or all of their work remotely.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.