This IT Disaster Recovery Planning: An Overview online training course explores Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP) - the development and implementation of strategies, processes, and procedures designed to prevent and anticipate disruptions to an organization’s critical IT systems and infrastructure, and to restore them as quickly and completely as possible after a disruptive event or disaster.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online IT Disaster Recovery Planning: An Overview course, the user will learn:
- The skills and roles required in a Disaster Recovery team
- The requirements for identifying and assessing risks to critical IT assets, and evaluating their impact on business functions in the event of a disruption
- About proactive measures to anticipate and mitigate threats to IT systems
- Communications requirements in the event of a disruption
- About backup strategies and types of disaster recovery sites
- About the elements of a Disaster Recovery Plan
This online IT Disaster Recovery Planning: An Overview course is made up of the following sections:
- Creating a Disaster Recovery Team
- Anticipation and Threat Modeling
- Anticipation and Detection Measures - Systems
- Anticipation and Detection Measures - Users
- Communications Planning
- Recovery Planning
- Documenting the Disaster Recovery Plan
This IT Disaster Recovery Planning: An Overview online training course was designed for employees with IT systems responsibilities.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.