This Hot Work Safe Practices online training course explores safe practices for performing hot work – i.e. any work using open flames or sources of heat that could ignite materials in the work area. Learners will be introduced to the fire triangle and other fire characteristics. We will discuss alternatives to hot work and other ways of mitigating the risks of hot work. We will outline the roles and responsibilities of employees involved in hot work, as well as the use of hot work permits.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Hot Work Safe Practices course, the user will learn:
- The characteristics of fire and the risks associated with hot work
- Methods and procedures for performing hot work safely
- Roles and responsibilities of individuals involved in hot work
- The requirements for Hot Work Permits
This online Hot Work Safe Practices course is made up of the following sections:
- Fire and Heat Transfer
- Performing Hot Work Safely
- Roles and Responsibilities
This Hot Work Safe Practices online training course was designed for employees involved in all aspects of hot work.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.