Senior executives (employers, owners, and senior managers) at every enterprise must understand their responsibilities under Canadian law to provide a safe and healthy workplace and comply with training and other requirements. This Health & Safety for Senior Executives online training course introduces the principles of Canadian law and the elements and benefits of a strong health and safety program. This course emphasizes the need for due diligence by all executives to limit concerns regarding civil and criminal liability. The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Health & Safety for Senior Executives course, the user will learn to:
- Understand senior management’s role in a complete health and safety program
- Describe the legal context for senior executives and their heath and safety responsibilities
- Establish the importance of health and safety culture within an organization
- Discuss the components of a strong health and safety program
This online Health & Safety for Senior Executives course is made up of the following sections:
- The Internal Responsibility System
- Employer duties and responsibilities
- General compensation requirements for Canadian Provinces and Territories
- Enforcement, prosecutions and criminal liability
- Due diligence
- High-performance Health and Safety Programs
- Essential components of a Workplace Health and Safety System
This Health & Safety for Senior Executives online training course was designed for senior executives.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.