Managers are responsible to provide a safe and healthy workplace. In this Health and Safety for Office Managers online training course, you will learn about hazards in the office and how to prevent them. Topics include ergonomics, stress, lighting, indoor air quality, and slips, trips and falls. This course focuses on the manager's legal responsibilities and steps to fulfill them such as inspections, accident investigation, and accommodation of injured employees. This course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Health and Safety for Office Managers course, the user will learn to:
- Know and understand their health and safety responsibilities
- Know what occupational health and safety (OHS) legislation applies to them
- Show leadership for health and safety issues
- Be able to identify hazards and help resolve issues
- Be able to show "due diligence"
This online Health and Safety for Office Managers course is made up of the following sections:
- General office safety including slips, trips and falls, fire evacuation, and WHMIS (chemicals)
- Office ergonomics
- Indoor air quality, lighting, noise, and temperature
- Other workplace issues such as stress, violence, driving, travel, etc.
- Return to work
- Exercising due diligence
This Health and Safety for Office Managers online training course was designed for office Managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.