Our objective is a workplace free from the risk of injury and illness. This Health and Safety for Managers and Supervisors online training course is a course designed to give managers and supervisors an understanding of the components of workplace health and safety. Prior technical knowledge of health and safety is not a prerequisite. However, familiarity with workplace processes and practices is helpful. This course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Health and Safety for Managers and Supervisors course, the user will learn to:
- Find applicable OH&S legislation
- Know your health and safety responsibilities
- Determine ways of meeting your OH&S responsibilities
- Identify hazards and develop safe work practices
- Take leadership in developing and implementing an OH&S program
- Understand consequences of non-compliance
- Exercise due diligence
This online Health and Safety for Managers and Supervisors course is made up of the following sections:
- Safety principles and risk management
- Rights and responsibilities of managers, supervisors and workers
- Hazard recognition and control measures
- Fire prevention and emergency preparedness
- Hazards and control measures for chemical, physical and biological hazards
- Ergonomics — practices to prevent musculoskeletal disorders
- Workplace inspection and accident investigation
- Developing and implementing effective workplace programs
This Health and Safety for Managers and Supervisors online training course was designed for managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.