This Health and Safety Committees and Representatives online training course is a practical introduction to Work Place Health and Safety committees, Health and Safety representatives, and Policy Health and Safety committees. This course will help health and safety committee members and representatives meet training requirements specified in the Canada Labour Code, Part II. By taking this course, you will learn how to fulfill your duties as a committee member or representative.
This course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Health and Safety Committees in the Canadian Federal Jurisdiction course, the user will learn to:
- The purpose and duties of the health and safety representative, the workplace committee and the policy committee
- Responding to work place health and safety concerns or recommendations
- Conducting various types of work place inspections
- Requirements for investigating and reporting on accidents and incidents
- Participating in resolving internal complaints and work refusals
This online Health and Safety Committees in the Canadian Federal Jurisdiction course is made up of the following sections:
- Legal requirements
- Roles of representatives and committee members
- Committee structure and effectiveness
- Resolving issues
- Committee’s role in work refusals
- Work place inspections and investigations
This Health and Safety Committees in the Canadian Federal Jurisdiction online training course was designed for work place and policy health and safety committee members in the Canadian federal jurisdiction.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.