This From Peer to Supervisor online training course was designed to help new supervisors address with confidence the challenges of managing their former co-workers. This course presents three key strategies for making the transition from peer to supervisor, stresses the importance of effective communication, and explores three management responsibilities, ie. delegating, coaching, and discipline, that may be especially demanding for new supervisors in their new role.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online From Peer to Supervisor course, the user will learn to:
- Explain the three strategies for managing the effective transition from peer to supervisor (ie. Owning the Job, Setting Boundaries, and Clarifying Expectations) and apply these strategies to solve the types of problems that can arise in the transition.
- Identify the characteristics of six different leadership styles and explain their impact on employees and the organization.
- Explain the communication process and identify strategies for effective communication.
- Describe the delegation process, identify the barriers to delegation and demonstrate effective approaches to delegation.
- Identify and employ the steps in the coaching process.
- Explain the components of the Expectancy Theory of Motivation and apply in coaching your employees toward better job performance.
- Summarize the elements of the Progressive Discipline System and illustrate how to apply it fairly and consistently.
This online From Peer to Supervisor course is made up of the following sections:
- Handling the Transition
- The Importance of Communication
- Supervising Your Team
This From Peer to Supervisor online training course was designed for newly promoted supervisors
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.