Learn the basics of fire safety at your workplace to find out fire hazards, take controls, follow prevention practices, and correct the use of fire extinguishers. Key topics include causes of fires, fire prevention practices, evacuation plans, combatting fires, and fire-related injuries. This online Fire Safety training course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Fire Safety training course, the user will learn:
- Recognize fire hazards and various classes of fire extinguishers
- Know how to use the correct fire extinguisher for different classes of fire
- Understand the evacuation procedures and evacuate your work area in case of fire
- Control fire hazards and follow fire prevention practices
This online Fire Safety training course is made up of the following sections:
- Causes of Fires
- Fire Prevention Practices
- Evacuation Plan
- Combating Fires
- Fire Related Injuries
This online Fire Safety training course was designed for employers, employees, managers, and supervisors interested in health and safety and fire safety.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.