This FCRA: Affiliate Marketing online training course explores the details of the rules related to affiliate marketing. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the bank may not use the information received from an affiliate to market unless the consumer is given a notice stating that such solicitations will be made, and the consumer has the right to opt-out of those solicitations. The requirements call for an initial notice to opt-out, what the notice must state, the contents of the opt-out, and renewal opt-out notices. In addition, the Act states the rules the bank and affiliates must follow when making solicitations for products and services to consumers.
Course Learning Objectives
On completion of this FCRA: Affiliate Marketing course, the user will learn:
- When the bank can and cannot use consumer information provided by an affiliate for marketing purposes
- The appropriate disclosures to the consumer when soliciting the bank’s products and services
- To ensure the opt-out notices contain the appropriate information based on the bank’s practices
This online FCRA: Affiliate Marketing course is made up of the following sections:
- Requirements for Making a Solicitation
- Exceptions to the Requirements
- Opt-Out Notices
- Opt-Out Period
- Receiving Eligibility Information
This FCRA: Affiliate Marketing online training course was designed for bank employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.