This Fair Labor Standards Act [US] online training course explores the provisions of the FLSA, including minimum wage, overtime, exempt employees, independent contractors, child labor, recordkeeping, compliance and penalties.
Course Learning Objectives:
On completion of this Fair Labor Standards Act [US] course, users will be able to:
- Describe the requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Understand U.S. minimum wage and overtime requirements
- Identify the types of exempt employees
- Differentiate between employees and independent contractors
- Understand how the FLSA protects children against child labor
- Comprehend the importance of recordkeeping
- Describe the penalties for failing to comply with the FLSA
This Fair Labor Standards Act [US] course is made up of the following sections:
- About the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Minimum Wage
- Exempt Employees and Contractors
- Child Labor
The Fair Labor Standards Act [US] online training course was designed for employers, managers, supervisors and employees in all industries.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.