This Export Controls Basics online training course explores the basics of the regulations that apply to U.S. companies that export goods and services (including technical data) to foreign countries.
You will learn to identify potential violations of regulatory requirements that may not only impact individual employees but the company as a whole. By identifying these risks, you will be able to deal with them in a compliant manner.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Export Controls Basics course, the user will learn:
- Describe the factors determining the extent to which an item is subject to export controls
- Identify the three government agencies that oversee most export-licensing transactions
- Define important terms related to exports
- Describe the coverage of exports under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Identify anti-boycott and embargo rules
- Describe the importance of record-keeping and reporting pertaining to export transactions
- Identify situations that may lead to possible export-control problems
- Understand the possible penalties for violations of export and anti-boycott regulations
This online Export Controls Basics course is made up of the following sections:
- ITAR and EAR
- Governance and Reporting
- Red-Flags and Penalties
This Export Controls Basics online training course was designed for all employees, especially business managers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.