This Employee Discipline online training course provides information on conducting an effective workplace investigation and discusses the common methods of discipline that exist in workplaces today. The information presented will help you treat your employees fairly and avoid possible charges of discrimination relating to disciplinary actions. You will learn how to conduct an investigation and apply an appropriate method of discipline.
When it becomes clear that a situation exists where employee discipline is required, it can be difficult for a supervisor or manager to be sure he or she is reacting appropriately in the best interest of both the employee and the company. The first step is to conduct an investigation of the incident and then apply the appropriate method of discipline.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Employee Discipline course, the user will learn to:
- Identify lawful reasons for discipline or termination.
- Recall laws that prohibit discrimination in matters of discipline and termination.
- Outline basic rules that will help you conduct a fair workplace investigation.
- Identify proper practices for discharging an employee.
- Review the different reasons for demotion or apparent demotion.
- List recommended actions that should be followed when suspending an employee.
- Review other methods of discipline.
This online Employee Discipline course is made up of the following sections:
- Discipline in the Workplace
- Workplace Investigations
- Other Methods of Discipline
This Employee Discipline online training course was designed for managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.