Every employer must develop plans and procedures to respond appropriately to emergencies. This Emergency Response Planning online training course outlines the key steps to emergency planning and how to make them work effectively in your workplace. These steps include: establishing the planning team, assessing potential emergencies, identifying organizational capabilities, communication, training, testing and improving the plan, and ensuring business continuity.
The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Emergency Response Planning course, the user will learn to:
- Describe the key steps in emergency planning
- Identify and assess potential emergencies and their organization’s response capacity
- Create an emergency response plan outline
- Develop a process for continuous improvement of the plan
This online Emergency Response Planning course is made up of the following sections:
- The Key Steps to Emergency Preparedness
- Establishing the Planning Team
- Identifying Potential Emergencies and Assessing Risk
- Assessing Your Organization’s Emergency Response Capabilities
- Building the Emergency Response Plan
- Implementing the Plan: Preparing to Respond
- Evaluating Effectiveness and Continuous Improvement
This Emergency Response Planning online training course was designed for anyone with responsibility for developing, implementing, and maintaining emergency response plans.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.