Every workplace needs an emergency plan and procedures. All employees must know how to respond appropriately to emergencies. This course focuses on the role of workers in emergency planning, the assessment of potential emergencies, evacuation and other emergency procedures, training, and planning for offsite emergencies. This online Emergency Preparedness for Workers training course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives:
By taking this online Emergency Preparedness for Workers training course, the user will learn:
- Describe the key steps in pre-planning emergencies
- Identify potential emergencies in the workplace
- Explain roles in emergency planning and response.
This online Emergency Preparedness for Workers course is made up of the following sections:
- Key Steps to Emergency Preparedness
- Rights and Responsibilities of Employers and Workers
- Identifying Potential Emergencies
- Activating the Response
- Evacuation and Assembly Procedures
- Emergency Response Details
- Training Requirements
This online Emergency Preparedness for Workers course is designed for all levels of organizations, including managers, supervisors, health and safety workers and front line staff.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.