Learn about electrical hazards in the workplace and how to prevent accidents, injuries, and fires. Topics include the basics of electricity, recognizing electrical hazards, safe use of equipment and power tools, extension cords, and proper use of fuses and other preventive devices. This online Electrical Hazards training course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Electrical Hazards training course, the user will learn:
- Recognize the types of electrical hazards that exist in the workplace;
- Identify common electrical injuries and why they occur;
- Recognize that fuses, circuit breakers, and ground fault circuit interrupters can work to reduce the risk of hazardous conditions;
- Understand that equipment or tools require preventive maintenance and act appropriately in resolving these issues;
- Identify and understand the electrical hazards associated with powerlines, extension cords, overused outlets, and live parts.
This online Electrical Hazards training course is made up of the following sections:
- Understanding electricity and electrical hazards
- Electrical injuries (effects on the body)
- Hazard control: electrical equipment and devices
- Electrical hazards in the workplace
- How to recognize hazardous situations
This online Electrical Hazards training course was designed for managers, supervisors, and workers who may encounter electrical hazards in the workplace but who are not formally qualified to work with electrical equipment.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.