It is often difficult for managers and supervisors to make valid employment decisions. Employees may believe that a decision was unfair or biased. By implementing an effective workplace discipline policy, employees will know what is expected of them and what penalties may be imposed for certain offenses. Disciplining employees for unacceptable behavior is a challenge for many employers, managers, and supervisors. The best approach is an effective workplace discipline policy that is applied fairly and consistently. A discipline policy communicates to employees your expectations as well as the consequences for not meeting those expectations.
This Effective Workplace Discipline online training course provides practical advice on implementing a discipline policy or improving an existing policy. You will learn to establish a policy and document all incidents, keeping workforce dissatisfaction to a minimum, increase productivity, and boost morale.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Employee Discipline course, the user will learn to:
- State the purpose of discipline.
- Identify the elements of an effective workplace discipline policy.
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of a progressive discipline policy.
- Evaluate your current policy to see if it is fair to workers while protecting company interests.
- Follow the basic steps of a good discipline process.
- Explain the importance of documentation and record-keeping.
This online Employee Discipline course is made up of the following sections:
- The Purpose of Discipline
- Your Discipline Policy
- Progressive Discipline
- Due Process
- Discipline and Job Performance
- Documentation and Record-Keeping
This Employee Discipline online training course was designed for managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.