This Cross-Cultural Training online course explores the process of identifying cultural differences and addressing them effectively.
In the first module, we will discuss what culture is. It provides an understanding of what culture is, how it evolves, and how it influences behaviour.
In the second module, you will begin the important process of evaluating your own culture. You need to know who you are to see what's different and once you realize the differences (and what may be causing them) you'll most likely become successful at finding solutions to problems that work in the context of your new culture.
In the third module, we will examine different ways to classify cultures. Creating a profile of your new culture will enable you to modify your responses to any situation in the workplace, and even in your personal life.
In the penultimate module, you will examine verbal and non-verbal cues that influence communication globally. You will deep dive into what cultural factors may be influencing the verbal and non-verbal communication in your new culture.
In the final module, you will examine two of the Dimensions of Culture, proposed by anthropologist Geert Hofstede, in great detail. It will give you insight into your workplace’s culture, how similar or different it is to your own, and how you might effectively manage the differences.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Cross Cultural training course, the user will learn to:
- Define culture
- Examine the elements and evolution of foreign cultures
- Identify cultural factors that influence behaviour
- Examine your own values and beliefs in comparison with those of the typical North American
- Analyze the roots of North American culture
- Recognize the importance of understanding yourself in the cultural awareness process
- Identify different ways to classify cultures and profile them
- Recognize different forms of communication, both verbal and non-verbal
- Identify cultural differences in communication and the communication issues they create
- Recognize cultural differences that affect behaviour in the workplace
- Identify the characteristics of the workplace based on Hofstede’s dimensions
This online Cross Cultural training course is made up of the following sections:
- What is Culture?
- What is Your Culture?
- Basic Cultural Differences
- Global Communications
- Culture in the Workplace
This Cross Cultural Training online training course was designed for all employees in an organization.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.