This Conflict Management online training course is designed to will help you understand the difference between good or "functional" conflict and bad or "dysfunctional" conflict. It will also provide a useful model of conflict development that can be used to diagnose and treat conflicts in the workplace. In addition, common causes of conflict are discussed and several strategies for resolving conflict are presented. Finally, you will also learn how to stimulate functional conflict to create greater levels of innovation, change, and creativity in your organization.
Course Learning Objectives:
On completion of this Conflict Management course, the user will learn to:
- Identify the difference between functional and dysfunctional conflict
- Explain the various stages of a developing conflict
- Summarize why conflict occurs
- Apply various strategies for dealing with conflict
- Apply techniques for stimulating functional conflict
- Outline the limits of traditional grievance procedures
- Identify alternatives to grievance procedures
- Apply basic guidelines for day-to-day conflict management
This online Conflict Management course is made up of the following sections:
- Two Views of Conflict
- Types of Conflict
- Conflict and Performance
- Why Conflict Occurs
- Conflict Resolution Strategies
- Stimulating Functional Conflict
- Formal Conflict Management
- Four Guiding Principles
This Conflict Management online training course was designed for employers, managers, and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.